the danger of a single story
What happened in midan Square?
In this session, we will hear the, social, ethnic/cultural and political views from Russia and Ukraine experts. We will also take plenty of time to consider how to broach and delve into complex world events such as this one in the classroom.
Analytical Articles and videos
Armed men take over several key buildings in eastern Ukraine
How To Detect Bias In News Media
Ask yourself as you read an article
1. Who are the sources?
2. Is there a lack of diversity?
3. From whose point of view is the news reported?
4. Are there double standards?
5. Do stereotypes skew coverage?
6. What are the unchallenged assumptions?
7. Is the language loaded?
8. Is there a lack of context?
9. Do the headlines and stories match?
10. Are stories on important issues featured prominently?